Because the Russia-Ukraine struggle enters its 144th day, we check out the principle developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions to this point on Sunday, July 17.
Get the newest updates right here.
- Russia’s defence ministry stated its plane had shot down a Ukrainian MI-17 helicopter close to the jap city of Sloviansk and an SU-25 plane within the Kharkiv area.
- The Russian military additionally stated its long-range air-based missiles had destroyed a depot in an industrial zone of Odesa, southern Ukraine, that saved Harpoon anti-ship missiles delivered to Ukraine by NATO international locations.
- Russia is reinforcing its defensive positions throughout the areas it occupies in southern Ukraine, the British defence ministry stated.
- On Sunday, extra Russian missiles struck industrial services within the strategic southern metropolis of Mykolaiv, a key shipbuilding centre within the estuary of the Southern Bug river, native officers stated. There was no quick details about casualties.
- A Russian missile strike hit the northeast Ukrainian city of Chuhuiv within the Kharkiv area, killing three individuals, together with a 70-year-old girl, and wounding three extra, the regional governor stated on Saturday.
- Russian-backed separatists stated Ukraine had hit the city of Alchevsk, east of Sloviansk, with six United States-made excessive mobility artillery rocket system (HIMARS) rockets on Saturday. The self-styled Luhansk Individuals’s Republic stated the strikes had killed two civilians.
- The Ukraine struggle exhibits that the West’s dominance is coming to an finish as China rises to superpower standing in partnership with Russia at one of the important inflection factors in centuries, former British Prime Minister Tony Blair stated.
- Finance chiefs from the Group of 20 bloc of countries pledged on Saturday to handle world meals insecurity and rising debt, however remained divided over member Russia’s invasion of Ukraine.
- Gazprom’s fuel transit to Europe through Ukraine was secure on Sunday.