Because the Russia-Ukraine conflict enters its 151st day, we check out the primary developments.
Listed here are the important thing occasions up to now on Sunday, July 24.
Get the newest updates right here.
- Ukraine’s army reported Russian shelling in quite a few places within the north, south and east, and once more referred to Russian operations paving the best way for an assault on Bakhmut within the Donbas area.
- Ukraine’s air pressure command stated it had shot down three Kalibr cruise missiles launched by the Russian forces from the Black Sea and aimed on the western Khmelnytskyi area.
- Ukrainian forces are steadily transferring into the southern Kherson area, which was taken over by Russia at the beginning of the conflict, Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy stated late on Saturday.
- President Zelenskyy stated Russian missile strikes on Odesa on Saturday had been blatant “barbarism” that confirmed Moscow couldn’t be trusted to implement the grain deal.
- The United Nations, European Union, United States, United Kingdom, Germany and Italy all condemned the strikes.
- Russia stated on Sunday that its cruise missiles had struck army infrastructure on the Odesa port.
- Turkey’s defence minister stated on Saturday that Russian officers had instructed Ankara, which mediated the grain deal together with the US, that Moscow had “nothing to do” with the Odesa strikes.
- A senior US Congressional delegation, together with Consultant Adam Smith, chair of the Home Armed Providers Committee, met Zelenskyy in Kyiv on Saturday and promised to strive to make sure continued assist within the conflict.
- Ukraine pressed forward with efforts to restart grain exports from Odesa and different Black Sea ports after the missile assault.
- Ukraine may export 60 million tonnes of grain in eight to 9 months if its ports weren’t blockaded, however Russia’s strike on the port of Odesa confirmed it’ll positively not be that straightforward, an financial adviser to the Ukrainian president stated.
- The EU is in search of extra fuel provides from Nigeria because the bloc prepares for potential Russian provide cuts, a European Fee vitality official stated.